Home | Mold
MoldMold is a microorganism that has been on earth for millions of years and there are thousands of different kinds. Mold can cause allergic reactions and can even be toxic, creating various health hazards (see Health Risks page), so if you suspect it’s an issue, please consider consultation and mold removal. Stachybotrys or “black toxic mold” produces a series of toxins that create health risks and should not be allowed to grow unchecked indoors.
When you suspect mold problems, you have two options:
- Denial: Deny there is a problem, resulting in aggravation of the problem, including further growth of mold and further exposure to health risks.
- Professional consultation and mold removal: Hire a professional to identify, confirm there is a mold problem, and follow through with mold removal. Through testing and analysis, this professional should provide the best possible, cost effective recommendations and solutions for remediation that will not cause further panic, chemical pollution or additional mold growth.
TERS is a leader in mold inspection, testing, abatement and decontamination; black mold inspection, testing, remediation and removal; and sick building contamination remediation. We provide testing for Stachybotrys mold, as well as mold abatement, decontamination and toxic mold removal.
Board-certified microbial inspectors perform our mold investigation and assessment of residential and commercial buildings following the American Indoor Air Quality Council methods for investigating sick building syndrome contamination to identify sources of mold and airborne mold contamination. We collect air and surface samples, analyze them, and do a damage and contamination assessment. If contamination is critical, we do an emergency recommendation. TERS provides a comprehensive report and provides results in three workdays. After a report and recommendation, TERS can follow through with mold removal on the premises.
Our comprehensive mold removal & remediation services extend to residential, commercial, school, hospital, hotel and industrial facilities and include:
- Indoor and outdoor environmental inspection and assessment.
- Damage and contamination assessment.
- Moisture meter measurements.
- Air and surface samples.
- Central air duct system inspection.
- Mold inspection and testing.
- Stachybotrys black mold testing and decontamination.
- Mold remediation
- Mold removal and decontamination.
- Black mold testing sampling.
- Toxic mold remediation and abatement.
- Testing toxic mold in schools, hospitals, homes, and businesses.
- Flood, sewage, and water damage cleanup and restoration.
- Testing for sick building syndrome contamination and cross-contamination.
- Laboratory report and analysis.
- Emergency recommendation in emergency cases.
Quick Facts on Mold and Mold Contamination:
- Mold is a microorganism living on planet Earth for millions of years.
- There are thousands of different kinds of molds.
- Some mold can cause allergic reactions, or even be toxic creating various health hazards.
- Approximately 10% of Americans are allergic to Cladosporiun, the dominant species of mold in outdoor air (Horner et al. 1995).
- Some mold results because of flood, sewage and water damage.
- 2% of emergency hospital admissions for asthma are associated with mold spores present in outdoor air and a further 6% to Basidiospores and Ascomycete spores (Dales et al. 2000).
- Stachybotrys or “Black Toxic Mold," produces a series of toxins that create health risks and should not be allowed to grow unchecked indoors!
Mold removal is critical for all inhabitants’ health.