Home | Mold
MoldMold is a microorganism that has been on earth for millions of years and there are thousands of different kinds. It can cause allergic reactions and can even be toxic, creating various health hazards (see Health Risks page). Stachybotrys or “black toxic mold” (see Black Toxic Mold page) produces a series of toxins that create health risks and should not be allowed to grow unchecked indoors.
When you worry about mold problems, you have two options:
- Deny there is a problem, resulting in aggravation of the problem, including further growth of mold and further exposure to health risks.
- Hire a professional to identify and confirm there is a mold problem. Through testing and analysis, this professional should provide the best possible, cost effective recommendations and solutions for remediation that will not cause further panic, chemical pollution or additional mold growth.
TERS is a leader in mold inspection, testing, abatement, and decontamination; black mold inspection, testing, and remediation; and sick building contamination remediation. We provide testing for Stachybotrys mold, as well as mold abatement and decontamination and toxic mold decontamination remediation abatement.
Board certified microbial inspectors perform our mold investigation and assessment of residential and commercial buildings following the American Indoor Air Counsel methods for investigating sick building syndrome contamination to identify sources of mold and airborne mold contamination. We collect air and surface samples, analyze them, and do a damage and contamination assessment. If contamination is critical, we do an emergency recommendation. TERS provides a comprehensive report and will give you results in three workdays.
Our comprehensive mold services extend to residential, commercial, school, hospital, hotel, and industrial facilities and include:
- Indoor and outdoor environmental inspection and assessment.
- Damage and contamination assessment.
- Moisture meter measurements.
- Air and surface samples.
- Central air duct system inspection.
- Mold inspection and testing.
- Stachybotrys black mold testing and decontamination.
- Mold remediation and decontamination.
- Black mold testing sampling.
- Toxic mold remediation and abatement.
- Testing toxic mold in schools, hospitals, homes, and businesses.
- Flood, sewage, and water damage cleanup and restoration.
- Testing for sick building syndrome contamination and cross-contamination.
- Laboratory report and analysis.
- Emergency recommendation in emergency cases.
Quick Facts on Mold and Mold Contamination
- Mold is a microorganism living on planet earth millions years.
- There are thousands of different kinds of molds.
- Some mold can cause allergic reactions, or even be toxic creating various healthhazards, (go to Health Risks page).
- Approximately 10% of Americans are allergic to Cladosporiun, the dominant species of mold in outdoor air (Horner et al. 1995).
- Some mold results because of damage from flood, sewage, and water.
- 2% of emergency hospital admissions for asthma are associated with mold spores present in outdoor air and a further 6% to Basidiospores and Ascomycete spores (Dales et al. 2000).
- Stachybotrys or “Black Toxic Mold” (see page Black Toxic Mold), produces a series of toxins that create health risks and should not be allowed to grow unchecked indoors!