Documents & BooksTERS experts have been in the recovery business more than 25 years, with more than 50 years of combined experience. We have recovered millions of documents, legal files and books, as well as gained nationwide acclaim for successfully completing the most challenging book and document restoration projects.
With in-house facilities larger than 100,000 square feet, TERS can process several million documents monthly. TERS uses a unique approach for its document restoration. The company outshines competitors with its unique freeze-drying method customized specifically to document restoration.
The TERS staff of seasoned experts is well-trained in the field of book and document recovery, drying, freeze-drying and decontamination. They know all features of the emergency services and how to best serve your needs – timely, cost-effectively and efficiently.
Our disaster recovery expertise is unmatched for these types of situations, having successfully completed many recovery projects. Our technical superiority has been recognized on numerous recent projects.
TERS' Support Services:
- 24-hour around-the-clock emergency hotline: 877-777-3117
- On-site expert assistance & consulting
- On-site evaluations & environmental testing
- On-site pack-out assistance
- On-site re-shelving and re-filing
- On-site climate control system
- Pickup and refrigerated transportation
- Freezer and climate control rooms
- Vacuum freeze-drying services
- Barcode tracking systems for large projects
TERS' recovery service is offered to both our residential and commercial customers. For very large disasters, our mobile drying equipment can be set up and installed on site. This treatment includes the application of our recovery and salvage process that includes:
- Cryogenic freeze-drying of documents and books
- Removal of surface contamination, mold and soot
- Trimming of text block
- Decontamination & deodorizing to remove smoke odors
- Blueprints and maps recovery
- Photocopying of damaged or undamaged materials
- Relabeling, indexing and reordering of files
- Microfilm drying and restoration
Damage to books and documents requires special care. Trying to brush away soot can cause further damage, as can unfolding wet paper. TERS experts use state-of-the-art equipment to remove soot, mold and other residue. TERS specializes in document restoration and digitization services for affected documents.