Home | Restoration | Deodorization
DeodorizationAfter fire or smoke damage occurs, the odor will affect your indoor environment unless assessed, tested and treated by fire damage restoration experts. The TERS building restoration experts perform indoor surface and indoor air tests to detect microscopic contaminated particles or gases and removes odor components, soot and mold due to water damage, allergens and more. After assessing the premises and finding the cause, TERS building restoration experts can perform deodorization in residential or commercial buildings.
During the deodorization process, TERS will not use any chemicals that create new odors (such as orange, lemon, etc.) and obstruct our senses of smell and load our respiratory systems with toxic chemicals. TERS’ deodorization process is environmentally friendly and GREEN, and will only remove odors, not add new ones to cover up the original problem.
Odors are generated by different sources such as soot, mold, contaminated particles, etc. and require different methods of deodorization. However, no matter what the odor situation, the same fundamental principles apply in order to deodorize.
- Scientific indoor air quality investigation to identify the odor source.
- Remove and/or decontaminate affected materials.
- Air quality restoration.
- Post-restoration and decontamination verification testing.
- Tobacco smoke removal.
At TERS, we know that only scientific identification and GREEN decontamination processes will remove odors without affecting your health.
- Some chemicals used by ordinary restoration companies are toxic and can affect your indoor environment more than soot or mold!
- Spraying chemicals into the air will not affect the source of odors/contamination.
- Fire damage cleanup and water damage restoration require air quality restoration.
- Without scientific identification, you cannot solve odor/contamination problems.